Hercules: I, of course, knew he was a strong little guy by the way he kicked and punched me when he was inside. I think people thought that I was just complaining. Now, they all get it. And it was confirmed by the doctor on Matt's first visit. In the hospital (and days after), Matt, as you all know, had to have his heal pricked many times. He put up such a fight that the nurses were shocked by his strength, and had such a hard time holding his leg to get the blood. His looks are deceiving. His legs are so skinny, but they are so strong. I can't tell you how many times we heard from the nurses "for such a skinny kid, he sure is strong! Really strong". Back to the doctor's appointment. The doctor put him on his stomach and he just picked up his head and held it there. Then he was put on his back and flipped right to his side. The doctor looked at us and said "ok, you two, this is not normal for a newborn. He is extremely strong. You must keep an eye on him at all times He could and will push himself right off anything. I can't wait to see what he is like at his two month visit". Thanks, doc. I could have told you just how strong he is. He also fights every diaper change...sometimes it takes two of us! I am not kidding. After a few diaper and outfit changes (which he fights always) Josh looked at me and said "now I know why you were so miserable that last month".
Houdini: Matt got this nickname first. He is a little escape artist. No matter how tight the swaddle job, he gets both hands out. But the best was in the hospital when he managed to get his security ankle bracelet off, and it was on so tight! Two nurses rushed into our room and one came over that strange speaker that makes you think the nurses are watching you with some hidden camera. They were like "where is your baby?!!!!". I was like
"uh, right here. why?". Matt also managed to get off his two ankle ID bands...twice! Oh, and even the tightest socks won't stay on his feet. While in the "bili bed", he managed to rip thought the Velcro with a heavy blanket on him, just to break free. What am I going to do when he gets older?!
And you might be wondering about that dreaded color...yellow. Matt is getting better, but still resembles a stick of butter. His numbers have gone down slowly and we are awaiting results of this morning's stick. And he is off that stupid light box. He has gotten to sleep in a real bed...or at least what he thinks a real bed is right now. Thank God! We are blessed!
Until next time...
1 comment:
ok...needing updates on matt! i bet he's really changing. what are you doing with all your time???? post!!!!! :)
Post a Comment